Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Amended Tax Return Refund - Should the "refunded to you" include the portion of the original return

If I received a refund in my tax return of $2.000, but I forgot to include a tax credit. So now I will file an Amended Tax return.

The total correct amount should have been $2.500.

What is the amount I should include in line 21 in Amended Tax Return Form 1040x? is it the total $2.500 or is it just the incremental $500?

In case it is just the $500, where should I show the $2.000 I received in the refund check from original tax return, to account for it?  Thanks,