Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gives? Is the upgrade required for a few expenses totaling about $2500? I usually do this by hand but thought this would be a time saver this year.

1 Comment

Hi cgman2018,


TurboTax Self-Employed is right for you if you'd like to claim expenses on a Schedule C.  However, if you only want to report your self-employed income from a 1099-MISC or 1099-K, then you can use Deluxe. 


The benefit to using TurboTax Self-Employed is expenses... we can help guide you and even recommend additional expenses other people often miss to help maximize your tax return, or lower your balance due.  Plus, TurboTax Self-Employed even comes with a free year of QuickBooks Self-Employed to help you stay on top of your expenses throughout the year.