Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Who to report/claim 1099-Q and 1098-T

My son is a full time student in college and I support him more than 50%. I claim my son as my dependent.  I have 529 plans for my son and all distributions went to either the college or him.  So my son got both 1098-T and 1099-Q with his name.  I claimed 1098-T and my son reported 1099-Q, and TT shows 1099-Q earing taxable on his return.  


Who should report the 1099-Q? Should I?  If I report the 1099-Q and the distribution is more than the qualified expenses, how to report the partial earnings on my son’s return?