Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Wages not reported on form W-2

I have wages earned as a freelancer through Upwork. However, since the tax reform took place, freelancer who have earned less than $20,000 don't get a 1099-MISC. So now I don't have a 1099-MISC and have no way of reporting my earnings on the TurboTax platform. Can anyone help? Thank!

1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Wages not reported on form W-2

Even though you don't have a tax document to enter, you can still enter your self-employed earnings on a schedule C. Simple enter the income in the General Income section of your business. This is income from cash, checks, paypal, etc.


For online versions, type 'schedule c' in the search box, then select the 'jump to' link to get started in your business.