cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

On Federal Form 941x, what do I select for Part 1 and Part 2. Do I have to make a selection?

I forgot to check Line 4 that states  " If no wages, tips, and other compensation are subject to social security or Medicare tax " check the box and go to line 6.  So, I got a letter from the IRS saying taxes are owed which is incorrect so I need to file a Form 941X to correct the error. 

However, while reviewing form 941x, I don't know what to select for Part 1 and Part 2 since I am not correcting an underreported or overreported amounts(boxes 4a-c and 5a-d).   Do I have to make a selection

I do believe I need to select box 3 (certifying  that I've filed Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statement,  as required) since I did it back in January.

Then, I believe the only other box I need to enter anything in is Box 6 ((Wages, tips and other compensation) but I am not sure if I enter it in Column 1, or 2 since the original wages reported was correct (I simply forgot to check Box 4 on the original Form 941).

Once I do all of the above, I would just need to sign Form 941X and send it to the IRS.

I have filled out 941 forms before but I have never had to fill out a 941X and I am just trying to make sure I get it right.