Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Hurricane Irma Loss

My casualty loss for 2017, due to hurricane IRMA is greater than my income. How can I claim the difference on a prior tax year (2016)?

1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Hurricane Irma Loss

You can amend  the 2016 tax return to apply the loss to that tax year. See the article below for reference.

What tax relief can I get if I’ve been affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma or Maria?