Visitor I

Child support

If i overpaid 2017 IRS taxes because i made a mistake and didn't claim my son and had owed. Now i do an amendment of my taxes and IRS owes me a refund. The problem is my refund is being intercepted for child support back pay. The question is...the money i paid that i thought i originally owed going to be return to me or will it be garnish even if it's not part of my refund? Remember i sent in 2017 tax money