Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Amending state from PA to MD for 2016 due to local taxes

I have been living in Maryland for my job the past 3 years. My employer wouldn’t use a hotel as an address so my W-2’s were based on a PA address and had PA taxes withheld. I have proof of hotel payments for 3 years. 2016 taxes were filed with the PA address and they want me to pay local tax unless I showed I filed in MD. How do I go about amending 2016 state from PA to MD? I assume I would require a refund of the PA tax held from my paychecks to pay taxes in MD. 


I now lease a house in MD so plan to file 2017 in MD.