Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

filing state extension after filing federal extension with payment

I have filed for an extension in Turbotax along with paying half of what I owe (extension granted).  I want to file a state extension as well (which is allowed).  I have filled out the appropriate forms under "other tax situations" in my state return.  However, Turbo wants to take me through the entire filing/payment process again and wants to force me to pay the remaining balance on my federal return.  How do I not do this and just file for a state extension along with estimated amount due?  It's NY by the way.  E-file is required since I am using Turbo for Federal.