Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

Irrevocable Trust for 17 YO daughter

My sister passed away last year and left a portion of her estate in an irrevocable trust to my daughter which I am a trustee.  The trust received a total of $636 from rental property investments for the 2017 tax year.  I received K1 forms for those rental properties.  Do I need to even file a tax (Form 1041 ?) since she is just 17 and/or since there was just $636 of income from the investments.  Any advice is welcome.  Thank you.