Visitor I

Adding a State return

I have completed my Federal and State Tax returns, but forgot about income that came from the sale of a property in another state. Should I add the new state income to the Federal section first? or download that State's program and add it there first.


Thanks for any wisdom here.

1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Adding a State return

You will need to amend your returns first, then complete a nonresident state return. Wait until the original returns are fully processed before amending to avoid errors.


How to amend a return you have already filed?