Hello...self-employed commercial insurance inspector here...
B4 I buy...wanted to know:
1) Can I use TurboTax to file returns for previous years? (the IRS is bugging me to file for tax year 2015; & I really want to get up to date on all my returns, anyway).
2) For a small business owner, does TurboTax basically do the job of a tax accountant...finding the maximum number of qualifying deductions (and hidden savings) a novice wouldn't know about?
3) I also need a QuickBooks type app for the future (or maybe even for my past years where I haven't filed a return yet)...where I can enter my costs/expenses, receipts, etc. as I go along throughout the year...& then have that info magically transferred to a TurboTax return. Does TurboTax have anything along those lines?
I would be grateful for anyone's thoughts/experience on these matter...thanx! in advance.
1. To file for a previous year, you need to purchase that tax year's software.
2. TurboTax is a self-prepared tax return software. Some tax/business knowledge is helpful but not required to make the most of your returns. In addition, there are the communities to help with your questions.
3.QuickBooks is a different software program altogether, but yes you can import tax date from Quickbooks into your TurboTax return.
No, there are program changes every year with tweaks and layout movement. However, the topics are always the same. Search in the Find box or post here if you have questions as you go.