Visitor I

Amend Status

My husband recently came to the U.S. officially. He did not live with me for 2017 obviously he was in his country awaiting the visa interview, etc. Do i amend my status now that he recently came in 2018 and has a social security number? He just started living with me so i can't say he lived with me for 2017 because he wasn't here yet.


Do i have for 2018 returns then amend my status from single to married?


1 Comment
Member I

Amend Status



This is a great article that gives you the information you need on how you should have filed. In order to change your filing status on your returns, you would need to file an amended return.