Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Accidentally filed Form 4562 - what to do?

Hi guys.


So I accidentally filed Form 4562 in my 2017 filing, which has now been submitted. This is for Depreciation and Amortization. The form and the details filed within were an accident. Although the depreciation value per the form was only $72 bucks, I'm new to filing taxes on my own and thus to the TurboTax program and learned after-the-fact that I did not need to file that form.


I need to completely DELETE the form all together.


How do I handle, what do I do?


Much appreciated!


1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Accidentally filed Form 4562 - what to do?

You will need to wait until the original return is fully processed, then complete an amended return in order to make a correction.


How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed