Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

1040NR-EZ amendment

Hi, I am on J1, a nonresident alien. During my filing my April 2018 return I claimed India-US tax treaty. Now My circumstances have changed and I would like to pay back the extra refund I got coz of the treaty. I filled up 1040x - explained in part III. My Question is that as I need to submit the amended 1040NR-EZ, where should I indicate that I got an extra return in the form? If I go ahead with 1040NR-EZ without claiming the treaty (as I should done the first time), I am owed a small refund, because I got my entire withheld money back so that does not count. I am confused how should I processed. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you